Friday, March 4, 2011

Blushing Complement


Everyone loves a good complement, right? One that makes your day better, or makes you feel good about yourself. And of course there are those times when we don't take the complement and say, "oh yeah, right..." or the "no, I don't", and who can forget about the "have you lost your mind, I look terrible." We have all been there.....but have we all been there with a complement that made you feel like a blushing school girl? Fumbling and blubbering, and trying to pull the words out of your mouth and looking like a complete fool! Well, of course, that was just where I landed the other day. And might I add, I was blushing so much that I began to sweat!

A very prominent person that shall be left nameless....oh, who am I kidding, it will be much more fun to name names: Judge Barry comes into our office, where I was standing at the door just chatting casually on the phone to DJM, and says hello to me, I ask him how he's doing, and he goes into an office to see who he came to see. Unfortunately, it was a short visit and I was still on the phone just chatting away when he open the door and walked out entering into the hallway. He stops at the lobby door to exit and whispers and hand motions what I have around my neck (a scarf) and says to me "you look cute," all with a flashing smile.

I couldn't even form the words to come out of my mouth to say thank you. I know I had a look on my face that said, "wow, no one has ever told me that before." You know the kind, I am NOT trying to toot my own horn here....just simply getting the point of lostness across! I remember touching what he was talking about, like it was gold. I also remember blushing so noticeably that my face was so red it was hot! And finally once I had my school girl moment, I said thank you and told Daniel like I had just won a million dollars.

Highlight of my day : ) I will forever think of what I wore as my Judge Barry outfit!
Next time I see Judge Barry on the bench, I am scared to think I will become a school girl once again. Fingers crossed I won't! Because you know he saw just how I reacted, it was not smooth at all. I mean, I was blubbering! So embarrassing! And let's face it, I have to still remain a professional!



1 comment:

  1. LOL! thats hilarious! i've had a moment or 2 or 3 like that and you literally stumble right over your words and you dont make abit of sense and you feel liek you're about to pass out lol!

    ReplyDelete