Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Anything But Mine

The weather is warm, the sun has been shining, the flowers are blooming, flip flops are out and about, ice cream is sweeter, and the beach is in sight. Around this time every year, I can't help but think of my favorite summer anthem: "Anything But Mine." I have a secret dream of being a song writer, and if I could have written any song, it would have been this one....along with a few others of course. This song just screams summer and always brings a smile to my face.

I went to see Kenny Chesney's summer tour a few weeks back in Atlanta with some girlfriends in tow. Kenny is a wonderful kick off to summer and no show is complete for me without this song. Of course I feel that way about most of his songs : ) But this one holds a special place in my heart. It was one of the first songs Daniel and I ever danced to. We were at the beach and there was a cover band who played this song. It was about 3 years ago and it still feels like this summer.






No comments:

Post a Comment