Monday, February 7, 2011

Heaven

When I was little, I imagined Heaven as the Wizzard of Oz. The golden roads, not the lolly pop kids of course! Remember the fields of flowers and all the white fluffy clouds and blue sky? I think this is what Heaven will be filled with. Looking at these pictures, I believe I have captured an amazing sight, one close to what Heaven will look like. God's promise is such a beautiful one. Faith keeps me going on days like this, with the promise to see your loved ones again. This week, I have my mind set on Heaven and what it will be like when my grandfather reaches it. I have no doubt there will be carrot cake, cats and dogs, a fishing boat, history books, golf, my grandmother, frogs, old British TV shows, a mailman, and his Bible. My grandfather was such a Godly man and loved to study His word. After his stroke, he was unable to read the small print of a bible and I know he is longing to get back to that. And now he can study and worship with John, Peter, and Paul. I can see it all now! My grandmother has been gone for nearly 27 years, what a reunion it will be; my grandfather passed on what would have been her 81st birthday. I can only imagine the celebration. He will be met by his oldest son, Jack and reminisce about many memories. His friends will welcome him with a game of golf, followed by a hamburger and carrot cake for dessert. My grandfather lived a wonderful, long, happy life surrounded by lots of family and loved ones. I will celebrate his life and rejoice in his now perfect body. I know I'll be cherishing all the memories he gave to me in these 26 years. I will even brag about him picking out my going home dress from the hospital when I was born. Peace is a wonderful thing, and I am happy he know has it. I pray for my peace and comfort all the days until I see him again. Heaven has surely gained a wonderful man.

Field of Lavender. I can only imagine how wonderful the scent must be.


These are fields of Tulips, or more of a grounded rainbow. This image literally took my breath away.


Blossom covered trees lining the banks of rivers and streams.


23rd Psalm

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quite waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.


2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post Katie! I love you and you and your family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaite, This was such a touching blog. I can honestly say i am crying right now. Tears of sorrow for you and your family and tears of Joy that he has reached his final resting place. How lucky he is!

    ReplyDelete