Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Please No Shadow Punxsutawney


Groundhog Day emcee Jim Means holds up a sleepy Punxsutawney Phil 31 years ago.

This weekend left me having Spring fever. With tomorrow being Groundhog Day, I will be saying my prayers for him to not see his shadow. I am ready for warmer weather, sunny days, and busy weekends. Sometimes in these parts we don't get much of a spring or fall....but I have high hopes of enjoying the weather before the real heat sets in! The past 2 months have been filled with no plans, no social events, having the flu x 2, and many snow days. So, I am saying no more to cabin fever! I want to be outside, stretching my legs, and doing something fun. I got a taste of the beautiful weather this weekend while at a cabin in the Occee where we went hiking.....and I am so ready for more! I have been thinking of all the things I want to do in the Spring and I would love nothing more than an early start!

So groundhog, as we approach the eve of Groundhog Day, I have a request......we are over the snow, we have had our fun. We are ready for baseball and beers on the sidewalks, bright colors, vacations planning, cookouts, to see sunshine and flowers blooming on trees. Please don't see your shadow. I know it scares you.

No comments:

Post a Comment