Friday, June 24, 2011

Pink Eye

Just when I thought my elementary school days had come to an end, I was wrong. I thought that getting chicken pox and pink eye was all over with until I realized that I have fallen victim to the dreaded pink eye. I didn't itch, but yet I have swollen up like I have been punched in the face or stung by a bee.

It all began when I woke up with red and swollen eyes. I figured I just slept hard and it would wear off through the morning. WRONG. After I left work, like normal, I took a nap. Waking up an hour later and feeling terrible, I rolled over and slept for another hour only to wake up with runny eyes, blurred vision, and more swelling. I accepted that I indeed had pink eye.

After crying over how bad and scary I looked, not only with my eye but my hair too.....this is the second time I have had to cancel a much needed hair appointment, I made my eye worse. Lovely.

Eye drops, ibuprofen, and heated wash clothes are my latest medicines. After all, there is no need to have it spread to the other eye too. I have washed my hands so many times they are cracking. I have Lysoled everything I have touched, changed all my towels and pillow cases daily.

It has been an experience, and let me just say, it is much better to have it in 3rd grade because you miss school, you have someone to take care of you, and you can complain about the eye drops. Now if I complain, I just make it harder on myself and there is no one there to help me out.

So, maybe I am not getting older but maybe the opposite? Could I really be getting younger? I think this might be a good thing after all : )

Don't worry, there will be no scary photos in this post of my eye. I am quite frightening to look at at the moment but I hope this medicine does the trick and I don't have to go into hiding any longer.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I cannot believe I totally missed this infection. I could have at least made you some soup...lol. Glad it is better. Looking forward to seeing you very soon!

    ReplyDelete