Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Puerto Rico


Puerto Rico......what a beautiful place. We loved it and would recommend everyone to go. It's part of the Caribbean and you don't need a passport, or change money to go there. The water is so blue that is really just holds different shades of color. It's surrounded by mountains and big rocks in the water so it makes a great relaxing scene to read a book. We went to the Rain Forest, Bio Bay, The Famous Kiosks, and snorkeling. We spent our last night in Old San Juan and I just fell in love with the way of life there. If only I could afford to have a tiny apartment on the pebble stone roads........

There are some pretty interesting food choices when dinning out. I am a boring, bland eater but DJM is all about a new taste! Here is a red snapper, and the local dish Mofongo. It is made with plantains and any thing you want from chicken, fish, shrimp, beef, pork, stuffed in it with rice.



Our snorkeling trip:



While in Old San Juan, we visited the fortresses that Christopher Columbus fought in. This is the view from on battle place over the water.


Let's talk about humidity....I mean, really. Could I glisten any more and my hair be any closer to my brain?!?!?!


This bird was quite friendly for a while. Until he pretty much gocked my head off and I went jumping through my skin. Dang birds.


Beautiful view of the Rain Forest. The guy is pretty cute too : )


This is the court house and post office in Old San Juan. Daniel believes that no picture is good unless someone is in it. Therefore, the look on my face is hurry up and take the picture.


Our last night on vacation. We stayed in an amazing hotel for 1 night in Old San Juan, and this picture was taken on the roof where there is a hot tube, lounge chairs, and a great view of the city. Too bad it's so dark, it would have made you jump on the first plane out!

And last but no least, our awesome rental car for the week:


1 comment:

  1. Love the second to last picture!!! Looks like you guys had a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete