Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Apartment 104

(at one of my doors)
I am finally unpacked, settled, organized, and comfy in Apartment 104! Welcome to my new 1920's apartment nestled in downtown Chattanooga. It has changed my way of living. I walk to work, I walk everywhere in fact, I have to go home- parents home- to do laundry, I never have the same parking spot, I hear all the downtown parties, and dinner is always at my fingertips if there is nothing in my kitchen.

Life has been good in 104, minus the kitchen flooding. But all that is under control and I am back to living calmly.

My walls are white, which I hate. Mainly because I love color and because all of my main pieces of furniture are also white. Until I can get some things out to my dads to destress and add pops of color, that is. I really love little details and I feel that I have found a few within my 4 walls!

It is a very small place, for me the smaller the better. However, it was not so easy getting used to the bathroom and not having an outlet. That is until I thankfully stumbled across one....You will never guess where it is!

Here's the tour:

Table centerpeice
This basket is a secret hiding place for shoes. I am still deciding what to hang on the wall.....


This table was a yard sale find from a family of a girl I work with. I am going to destress it a little more and get the chairs out of storage one of these days....and yes, the walls will be covered and the heart bench will also be destressed and there will be no heart! It is from my parents house from way back in the day when hearts were all the southern rage!

View from the door.
This is a vintage trunk found at an Antique store. It has all the original hardware on it and it has become a great piece for such a small apartment.....it is great for storage.


This is the view from my couch. My bedroom is not complete, I haven't even really started on it. I just cannot decide what I want to do in here yet.....I can promise you the walls will have things on them!
This is what I like to call my locker room. I have hung pictures with twine and clothes pins to display all the trips we have been on. I didn't have a place for photo albums so I covered the wall with pictures! The hope chest my dad had made for me when I was in middle school. I love this piece and so thankful I have it. I love burlap, therefor a potato bag was needed as a pillow! The baskets hold everything a girl would need in the bathroom. There are no shelves or cabinets in the bathroom so I have to make my own. So far, it is working! The glass vases are for all the flowers I always have.

Teeny Tiny bathroom! Make shift basket for towels until I can find a small enough table to put in its place.
This is just another view of my room but really, I just wanted you to see the entry way to the kitchen. Yep, you gotta go through the bedroom! I am sure this was meant for the dining room back in the day but now, it is a bedroom.
Most of my books and a few of my favorite keepsakes......

Kitchen sink and spices.

Baskets have been the best for me when dealing with storage. In here you will find plastic cups and tupperware. The pug pic is out of a magazine, it looks just like a friends dog who I call baby seal! So it is there to give to her!

Kitchen cabinets....wine rack......coffee maker. These cabinets are kinda cruddy and appear to have been painted maybe 20 times. But they are doing their job!

View from my bedroom

This is the view from the door


Just a few little details I wanted to show....

My favorite succulent! And Carrie Bradshaw books.

What's on my nightstand.....well, minus my book!

Elephant measuring cups, what everyone needs in their kitchen!


Jewel's food and water bowls for when she comes to visit. Or when any dog comes to visit because I don't have my own at this place. It kinda just makes me feel better knowing they are there, I have never been without an animal.

My favorite childhood book that has so much meaning to me.

Old vintage suitcases. I cannot help but think that whoever lived here in the 20's had these stored in their closet. They are also an antique store find.

This is the shoe basket. I am not one of those that makes you take your shoes off when you come in. This is for me to grab and go...there will be snow boots in there soon enough. But I also keep my house shoes in there for the quickness of getting to them. But since I walk to work, these are mainly my weather or walking shoes.

Chattanooga book and succulents! Daniel gave me this little addition, it is perfect for out of town guest to look through. Especially since I live in the heart of downtown.

This little giraffe is a knob I added to a table. You can find him at anthropologie.

COW HIDE! I have been wanting one of these for a very long time. I saw one on a wall at a restaurant and fell in love with the idea, thankfully Daniel remembered and got me just what I had been looking for for my birthday!

This is a painting my best friends dad painted and gave to me. This was actually a scene from a trip we all went on together. The orchid is a house warming gift from Daniel's mom.

The staples:

This is my closet. I have to walk through the living room/dining room to get to it so yes, you can only imagine my hectic mornings and me running through with just panties and a bra : )
Every knob in the place is the old, charming, glass knob. I have falling in love with these!

As you can see, I love mason jars and books. I wanted to keep the apartment in it's year and bring lots of vintage pieces to it. I think it will be every changing and moving around but for now, it is where I want it to be. I still have a few things to do, but all in time. I will get there, I just hope it is not right before I leave : )


3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!! You have done a great job and it's so you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks even better than before! I am so glad Dave now has a permanent bowl in your apt... cause we know he will be visiting again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you were looking at apartments downtown, but didn't know you found one! It looks amazing! =)

    ReplyDelete