Monday, April 11, 2011

A Good Read


The past 2 books I have picked up, I have put back down. I fought very hard and kept trudging through page after boring page but I just had to end the torture. I really tried to get through my 2nd one so that I wouldn't make a habit of beginning a book and not finishing....this is very unlike me but I was seeing a trend. Was I just picking bad books or am I a quitter? Hopefully it is just my latest book selection. I was steering myself wrong (fingers crossed)!

Last night, I sat cross legged at my bookcase and read back after back of books I once had an interest in and after reading them all, I went with my old faithful. Jodi Picoult. I never find myself wondering why I chose one of her books, or not wanting to turn another page. It really is a battle over which book to read because they are all so daring, interesting, and have you hooked just by the back cover.

My book slump is over now reading Vanishing Acts. When in doubt, pick up ANY Jodi Picoult! She will never let you down, always keep you tuned in, and you will always be gasping at the twists!

Not Recommended, unless you like letters to Osama about a fake act and a woman who sleeps with anything walking when she is "stressed" about losing her husband and son. This book was very appealing and had me move it up to the top of my list. Too bad it fooled me.






No comments:

Post a Comment